Terms and Conditions
After School Enrichment classes:
1. Cancellation Policy: Full refund minus $40 processing fee, if registration is cancelled until two weeks before class start date. I understand that there are no refunds offered after the commencement of classes.
2. Missed Class Policy: I understand that Young Engineers is unable to offer make up classes, refunds or discounts for missed classes. This ensures Young Engineers can maintain a stable learning environment for all students with minimum class disruptions. Venues and teachers are also hired based on full term periods.
3. I understand that re-enrollment from one term to the next is not automatic and you will need to enroll again for the next term.
4. The minimum enrollment period is one term (1 semester) . For new students joining after the start of a term, fees will be prorated (if space is available).
5. I agree to inform Young Engineers when any details previously stated on the enrollment form have changed during the year. In particular contact details, health issues and emergency contact details.
6. I acknowledge and agree that Young Engineers, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excludes all liability for any loss, damage or other claim arising from or in any way connected to the attendance of my child/children at Young Engineers, including without limitation claims relating to personal injury.
7. I hereby release and forever discharge Young Engineers from any and all liability, loss and damage (including direct, indirect and consequential) or any other claim in anyway associated with the attendance of my child/children at Young Engineers classes.
8. In case of accidental injury or incident, I authorize any necessary medical treatment and agree to cover any expenses that may be incurred.
9. I understand that bookings & payment are taken for full term periods. This is because room hire, teachers employment & the number of classes we run need to be arranged for an entire term. Therefore, we cannot take casual bookings or prorate weeks if you may be away. Students enrolling after commencement of Term will be charged a prorate fee.
10. I understand that payments for each term must be made in full 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the new term. After this period, the spots will be opened to students that are on the waiting lists.
11. I understand that payments that have not been received more than 3 weeks after class commencement, are subject to a late payment fee of $30. Young Engineers will notify parents / guardians if payments have not been received prior to any late fee being charged.
12. Young Engineers reserves the right to cancel or change the timetable and pricing structure at any point in time. Class times, duration & locations may vary depending on final numbers.
13. Any check that bounces incurs a $25 fee of which the total must be repaid by cash or direct deposit.
14. I accept that Young Engineers reserves the right to refuse admission to any person that presents a disciplinary problem to staff or a threat to the safety and well being of other children. Unacceptable language or bullying will under no circumstances be tolerated and will result in the child being removed from the class with no refund.
15. Young Engineers expects appropriate and positive behavior from its students at all times. When these expectations are not met I accept that Young Engineers will discuss behavior issues with the parent/ guardian. If inappropriate behavior continues and poses threat, harm or continued disruption to others, the student will be asked to leave the program.
16. I acknowledge that my personal information will be stored in accordance with current privacy legislation.
17. I warrant that my child has not at any time suffered blackout, seizure, convulsion, fainting, dizzy spells or any other medical condition and is not presently receiving treatment for any illness, disorder or injury which would render it unsafe for my child to take part in Young Engineers classes.
18. I understand that damaged kits can be replaced for a fee of $250.
19. Drop off and pick up to class: Students are only supervised by a Young Engineers teacher during their actual lesson time. I understand that as a parent/guardian I am required to supervise my children before and after class, and drop off and collect their child from the classroom.
20.I give permission for photos/videos of my child(ren) to be used by Seattle e² Young Engineers on its local & corporate websites and class newsletters. Names will not appear in the photos/videos.
1. Cancellation Policy: Full refund minus $40 processing fee, if registration is cancelled on or before May 31, 2023. 50% refund if registration is cancelled on or after June 1 until two weeks before camp start date and No refunds / changes within two weeks of the camp start date. There will a $25 fee charged to transfer student to a different session.
2. Code of conduct: Students are expected to maintain the same behavioral standards they would in a school day (no running in halls, no rough-housing, have respect for camp space, instructors, volunteers, other students, SYE property, etc.). Parents/guardians should review behavior and participation expectations with their students before the first day of camp. If a child is consistently disruptive and prevents the instructor from conducting class, we reserve the right to drop the child from the camp, without refund (Parents/guardians will be given a warning before such measures are taken). Students can be removed without notice for kicking, hitting, punching, spitting or any misbehavior after a warning has been given.
3. Pick Up: It is the parent/guardian's responsibility to pick up in a timely manner. After 5 minutes of grace time at the end of day, the parent/guardian will be charged $20 for the first 15 minutes ($2 per minute after that) for late pickup payable to the instructor at the time of pick up (cash or paypal or venmo)
4. You give permission for photos/videos of your child(ren) to be used by Seattle e² Young Engineers on its local & corporate websites and class newsletters. Names will not appear in the photos/videos.
5. COVID Liability Waiver must be submitted on the first day of the camp. You will receive the waiver via email before camp starts. Printed copies will be available at camp site too.
6. Check-in & Check-out will be outside the building (Parents and guardians will not be allowed in the PNA building). Temperature checks will be taken in the morning for each student and staff member. Anyone with temperature above 100.4 or show other signs of illness will not be admitted to the camp.
7. If a student becomes ill or shows signs of illness during the day, we will contact the parent/guardian (or emergency contact if we cannot reach the parent/guardian) to pick up their child immediately. The student will remain in an isolated area of the building, separate from the rest of the students until they are picked up. We will contact all families in that group to inform them that a group member went home.
8. All staff members and students are required to social distance and wear masks at all times except during mask breaks (away from the group), eating/ drinking, or in cases of emergency.
9. Our student to teacher ratio is capped at 8:1.
10. We will be issuing each student their own set of pens, pencils, markers, notebooks, sidewalk chalk, etc. that will be for their exclusive use. Each student will be using the same Lego kit every day for the whole week to minimize spread of germs.
11. Washing and sanitizing of hands occurs frequently, including every time an activity switches. We ran our camps last summer very successfully and had zero reported cases of COVID.
12. All our staff members will be fully vaccinated before the start of camps this year.